• patrick-lenihan

May 3, 2019 at 5:06 pm

I spend a lot of time outdoors in the spring, summer and fall. If the temperature is 60º or higher I am comfortable with just a base layer and a long sleeve shirt. I can handle mid 50’s without bundling up if it is sunny and there is no wind. In the summer I love kite flying, going to Farmers’ Market, enjoying the produce and flowers from my garden, taking my dog for long walks on our urban trails and hiking wheelchair accessible trails (and some not so accessible trails). Testing my chair’s limits is fun. I attend many of the outdoor festivals and events in our community. We have outdoor movies in the summer. There’s an ice cream shop in town that specializes in funky ice cream flavors and my all time favorite flavor (basil) is only available in the summer. I love being out on the water but I haven’t been since my in-laws sold their boat. The thing I most enjoy about the warmer weather is dining outside with friends in my yard or at some of the beer gardens and restaurants in town. Savoring an adult beverage in front of a fire pit is something I enjoy anytime of the year.

• deann-r

May 4, 2019 at 8:49 am

All those activities sound fantastic Patrick! Don’t know if I’d be daring enough to try basil ice cream. I’ll have to look around for some local festivals. My service dog is itching to go on a long walk too. It might be 68 today before it cools down again, so we’ll see. We used to have a pontoon I could get onto, but we sold it after my dad passed away. I do miss being able to get on the water. There is a nice pier where I can go fishing though. Of course I’m a fair weather fisherman.

• ryan-berhar

May 3, 2019 at 7:59 pm

During the warmer months, I like going to the old mill, which is basically an outdoor mall in my city. There’s a river that runs through it.

• deann-r

May 4, 2019 at 8:50 am

That sounds cool Ryan. What types of shops do they have? Do you run into accessibility issues?

• ryan-berhar

May 5, 2019 at 7:41 pm

There’s a pretty nice coffee shop and a bunch of restaurants. There’s also some clothes stores, sunglasses hut, game stop. It’s all pretty much accessible.

• halsey-blocher

May 7, 2019 at 9:35 pm

We have a really nice paved trail system here which I love! There’s also quite a few festivals and craft fairs downtown in the summer. And I enjoy spending time garage saling since I live in a subdivision.

• deann-r

May 8, 2019 at 1:27 pm

I’ll have to look for some festivals. I know there’s a couple craft fairs we usually check out. Can’t stand garage sales though. Hate not being able to rifle through stuff. Always feel like I missed the gem. Auctions on the other hand are more fun. They usually hold the goods up.

• halsey-blocher

May 8, 2019 at 9:11 pm

I’ve never tried auctions. I always take someone garage saling with me who can help sort through things and knows what I’m looking for.