SMA News Forums Forums Treatments and Research COVID-19 and SMA Columnist Writes About Choosing Love Amid a Pandemic

• Columnist Writes About Choosing Love Amid a Pandemic

Posted by alyssa-silva on March 30, 2020 at 11:54 am

Hi everyone. Happy Monday. (Yes, today is Monday in case this quarantine has made you lose track like me.)

I just wanted to share my latest column with you all. I recently found myself scrolling through social media and growing frustrated by people’s actions and carelessness during this time. I’ve been trying to practice empathy, but when I saw people flaunting their outings as if there wasn’t a global pandemic and social distancing order in place, I got upset.

So, instead of finding more reasons to feel all these heavy emotions I’m feeling, I’m choosing a different approach— one that requires encouragement, support, and love.

How do you respond when you see people taking this matter lightly?

halsey-blocher replied 4 years, 1 month ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • halsey-blocher

March 30, 2020 at 9:48 pm

Alyssa, this is so beautiful! It’s certainly discouraging to see that people don’t take this seriously, but I’m glad you’ve chosen not to be bitter. Love is such a powerful thing that can truly change the world for the better. (Also, I have no idea what day it is anymore).