SMA News Forums Forums Our Community 31 Days of SMA 2021 31 Days of SMA: Perseverance

• 31 Days of SMA: Perseverance

Posted by deann-r on August 6, 2021 at 2:00 pm

Perseverance is something John Jones II knows something about. Pushing through life’s struggles he became an attorney. He encourages everyone to keep moving forward even when things get tough. He says, “So I have tried to live my life with the next goal in mind, bearing the burdens as best I can and grudgingly overcoming the hurdles in the way until I reached a point where I was satisfied.” Great advice we can all strive for. Read his entire article here. What obstacles have you overcome in your life?

alyssa-silva replied 2 years, 7 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • alyssa-silva

August 8, 2021 at 12:47 pm

I really like John’s advice here and throughout his story. Similarly, I always tell people that my favorite accomplishment is always the next one. Like John’s take on the matter, this mentality keeps me pressing forward, in good times and bad, and has me striving towards something. If I become too stagnant, as John puts it, I will lose momentum and start the fret about the everyday burdens I carry.