This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 5 months, 3 weeks ago by Halsey Blocher.

• Author
      DeAnn R
      Keymaster

Participating in the Cure SMA Adult Social Hours this week I realize something. I’m not very adventurous. Therefore I want more inspiration. What’s the most adventurous thing you’ve done? How did you pull it off? If there’s one thing I learned it’s those of us with SMA have adventurous souls.

Lupa F
      Participant

Does leaving Boston at 11pm and driving 4 hours to NYC to go to a dance club then not leaving the club till noon and driving back to Boston count? That might be more dumb than adventurous :).

Patrick Lenihan
      Participant

When I was still able to get around using crutches about a year before making the transition to a wheelchair,  I traveled around Europe for three weeks without any travel companions or care givers. Since making the switch to the chair I have ridden in a sea kayak in Glacier Bay Alaska. The boat I was on had a Hoyer sling hooked to the davit that lifted me out of my chair and set me down into a tandem sea kayak. I frequently take my chair on hiking trails that are not considered “wheelchair accessible” by the Parks Service. My philosophy about trails is I will determine what is accessible.

DeAnn R
      Keymaster

Yes Lupa! That totally counts. Sounds like a blast!

I’m with you Patrick, accessible is a relative term. Sounds like fun adventures. Don’t think I’d have enough nerve to try a kayak adventure. That’s awesome!

Halsey Blocher
      Participant

A few weeks ago, my brother took me for a ride in his convertible. Being lifted in and out was honestly kind of terrifying, but the ride was quite nice.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2020 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account

Copyright © 2017-2020 All rights reserved.