SMA News Forums Forums Welcome Lounge An older newbie

• An older newbie

Posted by nikki on August 25, 2020 at 8:34 pm

Hi fellow SMA fam,

My name is Nikki, I’m 51 with type 2. Gosh, I’m just so excited to see our community lively and connected! We’ve come a long way and we are still shining! Anyway, a little about me, I’m a writer and songwriter/model/advocate. I’m an N.C.A.C. member for our community representing Los Angeles. Can’t wait to connect with ya’ll, catch up on old camp times (Cuyamaca here), or swap poster child stories (L.A. 1976-1978), and/or encourage each other through this SMA life.

Thanks for letting me be a part of this

Nikki 🙂

nikki replied 3 years, 8 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • kevin-schaefer

August 26, 2020 at 10:28 am

Welcome, Nikki! We’re happy to have you here.

Our community definitely has grown in recent years. Even in my lifetime, I’ve seen more adults and families connect, both at in-person conferences and online. It’s great to see.

Let us know if you have any questions!

-Kevin

• deann-r

August 26, 2020 at 3:54 pm

Hi Nikki!  Welcome. I’m one of the moderators here, so feel free to reach out with any questions. We have a great community.  Please don’t hesitate to chime in or start a topic of your own.  Sounds like you keep busy. What do you like to write?  What genre of songwriting?

• nikki

September 6, 2020 at 3:36 pm

Hi DeAnn & Kevin! I’m so glad to be here. DeAnn I write singer/songwriter and adult contemporary genres. You can check out my songs on Soundcloud:

https://soundcloud.com/nday8

I definitely will be writing more here!

Be Safe 🙂