SMA News Forums Forums Assistive Technology Another JACO Delay

• Another JACO Delay

Posted by deann-r on January 28, 2021 at 7:00 am

As you know I’m pursuing a JACO Robotic Arm. Although I’m trying to be patient, the process has been riddled with delays. Every few weeks I’m checking in to ensure forward progress. Today I got a response that has me yet again scratching my head. Figuratively of course because I can’t reach my head. “We found out recently Numotion has a temporary hold on new Jaco orders while they work out a Compliance issue.” What does this even mean exactly? I’m not sure. With major equipment purchases a lot goes on behind the scenes we don’t know about. Although I’m fortunate to even be this close, it’s frustrating when delays are beyond my control.
    Kevin’s Cyborg army might just have to wait a while. It sure does feel like a battle though fighting the bureaucratic nonsense. Frustrating.

zicari replied 3 years, 2 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • kevin-schaefer

January 28, 2021 at 11:25 am

Ugh, sorry to hear this. The bureaucracy sucks. Have you tried to contact anyone from Kinova?

• deann-r

January 29, 2021 at 9:50 am

Kinova actually were the ones who notified me regarding the compliance issue. They’ve been great during the process but their hands are tied when it comes to issues like this. When they hear more they’ll let me know.

• zicari

February 1, 2021 at 4:10 pm

perhaps the “compliance” issue has to do with safety… like scratching one’s head with a Jaco?