SMA News Forums Forums Our Community Adults ​With​ ​SMA Any iPhone Mini Users?

• Any iPhone Mini Users?

Posted by alyssa-silva on September 16, 2021 at 12:36 pm

It’s time for me to upgrade my phone. However, I’m bummed that Apple got rid of the 5.8 in. screen size. The next size up is 6.1 inches which is what my parents have. I’ve tried it out, and even with the reachability function, it’s still a little challenging for me to reach the top of the screen. So I guess I have to size down to the iPhone mini.

Does anyone here have this phone? My only concern is that I do everything on my phone (literally— work, text, social media, journaling— everything) and the small screen would be a strain on my eyes. Hopefully, I’m just looking too much into it, but I would love to hear your input.

judy-lawrence replied 2 years, 7 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • deann-r

September 17, 2021 at 10:58 am

I have the 12 Mini. On one hand I love that everything is reachable, but I have to admit I miss the visual aspect of the bigger screen. More often than not I’ll save a project till I can have access to my laptop with the bigger screen. Shopping is a pain too. I want to see what i’m buying, lol. Maybe it’ll save money in the long run?

• judy-lawrence

September 18, 2021 at 12:41 am

I have just bought an iPhone 12 mini and love it. I briefly had an XR which I found too heavy. My granddaughter has SMA II and she helped me choose the mini, which she would also like herself. Although it is very small and lightweight, the screen seems to be perfectly adequate.