SMA News Forums Forums Our Community Adults ​With​ ​SMA Anyone else have a trache?

• Anyone else have a trache?

Posted by survivinglife on March 19, 2024 at 2:25 pm

So I’m currently in the hospital with a new trache in and the goal from the very beginning was to get better and get the trache out. The last step before we can take it out is to cap it off completely for 72 hours. The longest I’ve been able to do is 6 hours. It honestly feels like the trache itself is in the way. It’s definitely not secretions. I’m wondering if anyone here has been through the same thing as me or something similar? Is it even possible for the trache itself to be in the way? If so, what do I do?

alyssa-silva replied 1 month, 1 week ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • deann-r

March 20, 2024 at 10:33 am

Sorry to hear you’re going through this. I don’t have advice for you, but wanted to share one of my favorite SMA News Today articles by Halsey Blocher. Even though I don’t know what led to your situation, I know others have had similar experiences. Hugs to you! A hospital stay is never fun.

• alyssa-silva

March 21, 2024 at 12:23 pm

Sending you lots of strength. 💛 Sorry to hear you’re in this situation. I hope someone can point you in the right direction.