SMA News Forums Forums Our Community Adults ​With​ ​SMA Apple Magic Trackpad 2

• Apple Magic Trackpad 2

Posted by alyssa-silva on January 27, 2021 at 11:00 am

I’m a huge fan of Apple products. However, I’ve never been able to use an iPad simply due to limited mobility.

I recently just learned that the brand new iPads come with a function where you can connect a mouse via Bluetooth and use the iPad like a computer. There are some apps I’d like to use that are only available through the iPad so needless to say I was very excited upon learning this.

Because a mouse won’t meet my physical needs, I have my eye on the Apple Magic Trackpad 2. I use a trackpad now via my iPhone, but it connects to my MacBook through WiFi and not Bluetooth. It doesn’t hold the capabilities for an iPad.

Does anyone use this? The reviews say the trackpad is super sensitive which is what I need, but sensitive to an able-bodied person isn’t the same sensitive to us. I’m considering buying one so I can use my mom’s iPad, but I’d rather not splurge only to find out it doesn’t work well for me. Making returns are tough these days.

alyssa-silva replied 3 years, 2 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • deann-r

January 29, 2021 at 9:57 am

Can’t help you, but I know what you mean. I just purchased a $12 gadget thinking it would be super helpful but it ended up being too difficult to use & I can’t return it.

• zicari

February 5, 2021 at 4:28 pm

Alyssa,

I’m using an older iPad (about 3 years), but with the IoS updates I’ve been able to use it with a bluetooth mouse!

The experience isn’t perfect, sometimes I have to reach for the home button, but otherwise the new feature has made it possible for me to use it.

• alyssa-silva

February 7, 2021 at 11:46 am

That’s great to know! When writing the original post, I didn’t even think of buying just any ol’ Bluetooth mouse. That’d probably work just as well and be much less expensive!