• Posted by deann-r on September 18, 2018 at 11:02 am

When I turned 30 I threw myself a luau themed birthday party.  Who knows how many birthdays I’ll get, so I wanted to make sure to celebrate.  Recently I celebrated 39!  A few years ago  40 seemed like an eternity away.  Now that it seems within reach I have to top my 30th birthday bash.  I’m thinking masquerade.  With a limited income I’m trying to figure out how to throw a champagne party on a beer budget.  Do you guys celebrate milestones like birthdays? Any cost savings suggestions?

michael-morale replied 5 years, 7 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • kevin-schaefer

September 18, 2018 at 12:42 pm

Happy belated birthday! My 25th is next month, so I’ll definitely celebrate then. The new Halloween movie comes out on my birthday, so I’m planning to get together with a bunch of friends to see it at the Alamo Drafthouse Cinema near me. It also works out that my local Comicon is always a few weeks after my birthday, and that’s one of my favorite events of the year.

As far as saving money for your 40th, have you considered opening a separate account for it and putting away a little bit of money each month? I’m currently doing that to save money for the SMA conference in Disneyland next year. You could also see if a few friends would be willing to pitch in. For a milestone like that it’s worth asking.

• michael-morale

September 18, 2018 at 4:42 pm

Happy early birthday you youngster. I just turned 53, so hang in there buddy, it only gets better.