SMA News Forums Forums Our Community Adults ​With​ ​SMA What Brought Me Joy This Week: 8/6/18-8/12/18

• What Brought Me Joy This Week: 8/6/18-8/12/18

Posted by kevin-schaefer on August 14, 2018 at 8:00 am

Hey everyone, hope you all had a great week. I’m here for my weekly “what brought me joy” series.

Monday: I just finished up a short comic I’ve been working on for the past few months. I wrote the script in March, hired an artist shortly afterwards, and recently I brought on my friend Dave to do the lettering. I had a blast working on this project, and it was exciting to review the finished version. I’ve included a pic below of me looking over the PDF on my Mom’s computer.

[caption id="attachment_13579" align="alignnone" width="300"] Me in my writer’s lair. Photo courtesy of Kevin Schaefer[/caption]

Tuesday: My column last week garnered a lot of laughs as I recounted my family’s National Lampoon-like vacation stories: https://smanewstoday.com/2018/08/07/sma-taught-family-go-with-flow-during-national-lampoon-vacations/?amp. This was a fun one to write, as it required me to take a trip down memory lane.

Wednesday: I hung out with my friend Lucas after work. We went to the comic shop and then back to my house. We’re longtime friends from childhood and either hang out around town or at comic cons.

Thursday: I went to my local Barnes & Noble that evening, which I do often. This time though I was meeting with some podcast friends of mine to hang out and talk about our shows. It was a great time geeking out, and we stayed until the staff kicked us out right at closing time.

Friday: Lucas was nice enough to drive me to physical therapy, and I bought his lunch. It gave my Mom a break, as Friday appointments are hard with afternoon traffic. I had a great appointment and took it easy the rest of the day.

Saturday: I slept in, went to lunch with my parents and then went to Best Buy with my Dad to get a new case and screen protector for my phone. I also did some writing, and took it easy watching Netflix that night.

Sunday: My typical Sunday schedule is: church in the morning, lunch with my family afterwards, record my pop-culture podcast in the afternoon and get ready for the week after that. I did all of these things this Sunday, and as per usual I was exhausted by the end of it.

What brought you joy this week? What things did you do?

kevin-schaefer replied 5 years, 8 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.