SMA News Forums Forums Assistive Technology Cellphone preference

Tagged: 

• halsey-blocher

July 13, 2019 at 9:52 pm

I’ve never really used android, but I’m a big iPhone fan! They’re fairly lightweight and the touchscreen is pretty responsive. I’ve also recently learned how to use the assistive touch feature. If you want to know more about that, you should ask Ryan. He’s the one who taught me.

• adnan-hafizovic

July 14, 2019 at 9:43 am

I’m a fan of Android phones. The majority of the phones use android, because the Android OS is high quality. The iPhones are more expensive, but they are not better than other brands. I mainly buy Samsung mobile phones, I’m happy with them.Now I use Samsung S7 . I once had a LG smartphone, it is also good smartphone and it was very lightweight. And Huawei is good, but it should be avoided because of the US-China economic conflict. Sony is also good. At the end, the most expensive are the Iphone, then Samsung.

• greg-sealey

July 14, 2019 at 9:44 am

Either will probably meet the need.  But, I believe iPhone is truly the best solution for anyone needing Assistive controls.  Apple seems to truly have a keen eye on building their products to help the disabled community.  Checkout this video from Apple marketing the upcoming release of iOS and MacOS for their iPhones, iPads, and MacBook computers that will include a feature called VoiceOver.  If you also want seamless integration between you phone and laptop, then Apple products are the best choice, hands down.

https://youtu.be/aqoXFCCTfm4

Life is Good,
    Greg
    GregSealey.com

• ryan-berhar

July 15, 2019 at 6:12 pm

Other than Trump’s wall, this is probably America’s most divisive issue. Lol. Seriously though, I’m a big iPhone fan, and I have very weak hands. Features like assistive touch and predictive keyboard are enormously big helps to me. I currently have an iPhone 8, and it’s definitely workable from a weight standpoint, albeit less than ideal. The iPhone SE was my favorite, as it was extremely light. Unfortunately, that one’s a bit old now, and they haven’t made anything as light since.