SMA News Forums Forums Our Community Adults ​With​ ​SMA Columnist Writes About Mysterious Health Issues

• Columnist Writes About Mysterious Health Issues

Posted by alyssa-silva on June 15, 2020 at 10:04 am

Do you ever find yourself second-guessing what your latest health issue could be?

For me, it’s never a straightforward answer. I see the doctors. I do the tests. And the ambiguous findings leave us all guessing. It’s nerve-wracking, to say the least. And due to the nature of SMA, I’m always left wondering: is this an actual health issue, or is this just a product of my disease?

In my latest column, I write about just that. I’ve been experiencing debilitating GI issues for a few months now, and doctors can’t seem to pinpoint the root cause. While I will continue to search for answers, I can help but wonder if this is simply the course of my disease.

Have you been in a similar predicament before? What are some ways you put your mind at ease while in the unknown?

deann-r replied 3 years, 10 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • deann-r

June 15, 2020 at 10:24 pm

Hope you find a solution. It can be tricky for sure. When I went to the ER for abdominal pain, they diagnosed it as a bad gallbladder. Easy fix remove it. Not so much. I ended up in the hospital for an extended period of time due to complications. SMA on top of that exasperated those complications. Anyway, I feel your frustrations. Hugs! Feel better soon.