This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by DeAnn R.

• Author
      Brianna Albers
      Keymaster

Happy Tuesday! My latest column is about my new wheelchair. I’m excited, but also dreading the process of adjusting. I hate it so much!

Can you relate? What tips do you have for adapting to a new chair?

Alyssa Silva
      Keymaster

A lot of my new chair is made up of parts from my old one simply because I hate change, and I still miss it. Definitely have patience when making the transition (something I lack). It takes time to adjust as you mentioned from your last wheelchair update in 2014.

Great column. Loved your dad’s shoe analogy— but I’d probably roll my eyes too haha.

DeAnn R
      Keymaster

Great article! I’m a few months in and still not loving mine. Unfortunately I switched brands, so I can’t swap out what I liked from my old chair this time. Luckily I have a team that is patient with me. I just need to be patient myself and get over it I guess. It’s not easy though because I know there’s someone in the world who could attach my old joystick mount to the new chair. I just don’t know who.

Greg Sealey
      Participant

Glad to hear you got the hand warmer. Mine has been a huge help.

DeAnn R
        Keymaster

Regarding the hand warmer, is it something that needs to be added when you get the chair or can it be added after the fact? I mentioned it to my rep & he had no clue about the device.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account

Copyright © 2017-2021 All rights reserved.