This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 year, 7 months ago by Kevin Schaefer.

• Author
      Kevin Schaefer
      Keymaster

Hey everyone! Hope you’re all having a great week.

Check out my latest column here. I’ve written many times about my road toward independence, and I expanded on my caregiver origin story here. The hardest part of acquiring caregivers is just starting the process. My hope is that you’ll find some advice and encouragement from this piece.

Do you have any takeaways from this column?

DeAnn R
      Keymaster

Great column!  Yes, everyone is different, but sharing our stories shows all the various options out there.  Even though it’s sometimes difficult for our parents to take a step back, I think it’s kind of reassuring for them in the long run that if something happens to them you’ll be alright.

It’s always difficult to take those first steps because it’s so easy to just keep things how they are.  It’s just not the same when someone new takes the reigns, and it can be frustrating.  In the end though it does give a person more independence.

Kevin Schaefer
        Keymaster

Thank you! And yeah, taking those initial steps are tough, but ultimately worth it. If anyone out there is struggling with this area, I’m happy to talk.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account

Copyright © 2017-2021 All rights reserved.