This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Halsey Blocher.

• Author
      Kevin Schaefer
      Keymaster

Hey everyone! Hope you’re all having a great week.

Check out my latest column here. I know I’ve written about this before, but sometimes I struggle to find a good work/life balance. Rest and rejuvenation are crucial for anyone, but especially for those of us with SMA. It’s a lesson I often need to remind myself of.

Fortunately, the North Carolina Comicon is always something I enjoy. Anytime I’m in a large space surrounded by nerds, I get creatively inspired, and I can forget about the things that cause me stress. Even if you’re not a nerd, hopefully you can relate to the message of my column.

What things do you do to relax and rejuvenate yourself?

Alyssa Silva
      Keymaster

First of all, another great column. Second of all, I too have been binge-watching Disney+ these days. Sorry not sorry?? 😂

Relaxation varies for me depending on the time of year (ie. I love unwinding by the beach— but not in the middle of winter.) Right now, I typically retreat to my room, turn on Christmas music and my Christmas tree, and read. It really helps me decompress when I’m feeling overwhelmed and restless.

Halsey Blocher
      Participant

Here’s an idea: Comic-Con on an exotic island! I would totally go to that every year! Although North Carolina comic-con sounds pretty awesome! I will definitely have to come check that out sometime. After reading this, I want a cosplay armory at Indiana comic-con.

My relaxing activities tend to include reading, art, and writing. Preferably outside as long as the weather is nice. I also need a decent amount of human interaction (in addition to the people I live with), and spending time with my Turnstone friends is usually exactly what I need. I hate when I get sick and can’t go see them for longer than normal.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2020 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account

Copyright © 2017-2020 All rights reserved.