SMA News Forums Forums Our Community Adults ​With​ ​SMA Columnist Writes About The Art of Rejuvenation

• Columnist Writes About The Art of Rejuvenation

Posted by kevin-schaefer on November 21, 2019 at 7:00 am

Hey everyone! Hope you’re all having a great week.

Check out my latest column here. I know I’ve written about this before, but sometimes I struggle to find a good work/life balance. Rest and rejuvenation are crucial for anyone, but especially for those of us with SMA. It’s a lesson I often need to remind myself of.

Fortunately, the North Carolina Comicon is always something I enjoy. Anytime I’m in a large space surrounded by nerds, I get creatively inspired, and I can forget about the things that cause me stress. Even if you’re not a nerd, hopefully you can relate to the message of my column.

What things do you do to relax and rejuvenate yourself?

halsey-blocher replied 4 years, 5 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • alyssa-silva

November 21, 2019 at 3:20 pm

First of all, another great column. Second of all, I too have been binge-watching Disney+ these days. Sorry not sorry?? 😂

Relaxation varies for me depending on the time of year (ie. I love unwinding by the beach— but not in the middle of winter.) Right now, I typically retreat to my room, turn on Christmas music and my Christmas tree, and read. It really helps me decompress when I’m feeling overwhelmed and restless.

• halsey-blocher

November 21, 2019 at 9:10 pm

Here’s an idea: Comic-Con on an exotic island! I would totally go to that every year! Although North Carolina comic-con sounds pretty awesome! I will definitely have to come check that out sometime. After reading this, I want a cosplay armory at Indiana comic-con.

My relaxing activities tend to include reading, art, and writing. Preferably outside as long as the weather is nice. I also need a decent amount of human interaction (in addition to the people I live with), and spending time with my Turnstone friends is usually exactly what I need. I hate when I get sick and can’t go see them for longer than normal.