• Covid Check-In

Posted by alyssa-silva on March 9, 2022 at 11:00 am

After being in the hospital for 4 weeks I feel completely out of the loop as to what’s going on with the pandemic. I hear things are getting better, but correct me if I’m wrong! With spring on the horizon for most of us here, how are you feeling in terms of the pandemic and your well-being? Going out and about? Still keeping it low-key? Stressed or hopeful? Let’s discuss.

alyssa-silva replied 2 years, 1 month ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • deann-r

March 10, 2022 at 10:36 am

I’m trying to do more, but it still makes me nervous. Especially now that nobody is wearing masks. Personally I never felt like a mask would prevent you from getting sick, but that they did help prevent spreading germs. Restaurants, theaters and concerts are still on my no go list. Besides cruises and airplanes, but I never did those anyway.

How was the atmosphere in the hospital? Did they take extra precautions?

• alyssa-silva

March 10, 2022 at 5:32 pm

They did. They used N95s and gowns, basically the same getup someone would wear if you had the flu or something extremely catchy like that. I felt completely safe.

• anna

March 14, 2022 at 12:56 pm

Same as DeAnn. I’m avoiding indoor activities and I’m meeting with people at restaurants and cafes with outdoor seating. Fortunately, the weather is cooperative. I’m thinking it might be time to start having visitors at home, but I still don’t feel comfortable. I hope I’m not turning into the germophobe I’ve been trying not to become my entire life!

• alyssa-silva

March 14, 2022 at 5:29 pm

Right? I’m definitely a little more paranoid than I ever used to be. I know we have good reason to be more cautious but I teeter along the line of being too cautious these days.