This topic has 6 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 year, 9 months ago by Halsey Blocher.

• Author
      DeAnn R
      Keymaster

Halsey, great column! If you haven’t had a chance to read it yet, please check it out. Halsey writes about not letting SMA get in the way of her passion of cooking and how something as simple as a crockpot has helped her continue her hobby. Reading the article I could relate to so much. Many folks find it odd I watch the Food network despite my feeding tube. I’ve learned how dangerous hot food from the microwave can be. Plus I think crockpots are amazing. Mom and I happen to love being able to throw things in the crockpot when I’m there to visit. I’d love to hear some favorite recipes! Here’s one of mine:
      Brown 1 lb of sausage (I prefer spicey)
      Into the crockpot add 2 packages of cream cheese and 1 can of Rotel Tomatoes & Green Chillies along with the sausage and turn it on low stirring occasionally. Makes a great dip with tortilla chips for any occasion (especially the Superbowl).

Ryan Berhar

Crockpots are the bees knees. I don’t cook, but I like them because they cook tender food typically.

Halsey Blocher
      Participant

DeAnn, if you ever need a recipe let me know! My favorite to make (and eat) is creamy ranch chicken with angel hair! Ryan, I totally agree with that! The crockpot is usually the only way to make tougher meats like pork tender enough for me to eat.

DeAnn R
        Keymaster

Yes! If you have any favorite recipes please share. Ranch chicken & pasta sounds amazing.

Halsey Blocher
      Participant

<p class=”p1″><span class=”s1″>Creamy ranch chicken with pasta</span></p>

<ul class=”ul1″>
      <li class=”li3″><span class=”s3″>4-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts</span>
      <li class=”li3″><span class=”s3″>1 oz pkg ranch dressing mix</span>
      <li class=”li3″><span class=”s3″>8 oz pkg cream cheese softened and cubed</span>
      <li class=”li3″><span class=”s3″>10.75 oz can cream of chicken soup</span>
      <li class=”li3″><span class=”s3″>Optional: prepared angel hair pasta</span>

<li class=”li3″><span class=”s3″>Place your chicken in the bottom of your crock pot</span>
        <li class=”li3″><span class=”s3″>Evenly put your cream cheese cubes, ranch mix and soup all over your chicken</span>
        <li class=”li3″><span class=”s3″>Cover and cook on low for 2-4 hours</span>

<span class=”s3″>Remove your chicken from your crock pot and place on top of a bed of angel hair pasta, if desired </span>

<span class=”s3″>5. </span><span class=”s3″>Mix your sauce in your crock pot until smooth and spoon over chicken and pasta </span>

If you try it, let me know what you think! Hands down my favorite one I’ve made!

DeAnn R
        Keymaster

Halsey, tried it over the weekend and it was yummy! We added rice and skipped the pasta but it was still good.

Halsey Blocher
          Participant

Glad you liked it! I can definitely see rice being a good option as well!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account

Copyright © 2017-2021 All rights reserved.