SMA News Forums Forums Our Community Adults ​With​ ​SMA Cure SMA Chapter Summits

• Cure SMA Chapter Summits

Posted by kevin-schaefer on January 11, 2019 at 7:00 am

This weekend I’m going to a summit with my local Cure SMA chapter. You can see the event details here: http://events.curesma.org/site/PageServer?pagename=NC_SOS_home.

These summits are pretty cool. They’re almost like mini-conferences, and they provide great opportunities to meet other people with SMA in person. It seems like they’re trying to do these in more states in the U.S., and they’re great for people who are unable to travel to conferences. I’d recommend looking for your nearest Cure SMA chapter to see if they have a summit or a similar event. Our chapter in North Carolina is steadily growing, and I know for me it’s provided me with an opportunity to connect with some great people. I’ll post here on Sunday about the event.

kevin-schaefer replied 5 years, 3 months ago 1 Member · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • kevin-schaefer

January 14, 2019 at 5:32 pm

This went really well on Saturday. There were about seven presenters there, and they spoke on topics like pulmonology, neurology, social work, and physical therapy. I’d say I knew or was familiar with most of the information, but it was good especially for younger families with newly diagnosed kids. Plus these events are just good opportunities to connect with others in the SMA community. I hung out with some friends who were there afterwards, and it was a good time. Again, I’d look to see if your nearest Cure SMA chapter has any events like this coming up.