SMA News Forums Forums SMA News Today Multimedia SMA News Today’s YouTube Dose of DeAnn Episode 11: Haircuts

• Dose of DeAnn Episode 11: Haircuts

Posted by deann-r on June 6, 2018 at 10:25 am

https://youtu.be/3AY6VLgemYk

In the latest episode of Dose of DeAnn: A Glimpse Into My Life With SMA, I talk about getting a haircut. Given that it’s summer and I was in desperate need of a trim, I talk about this process and share my tips for getting a haircut when you have SMA.

The salon I go to is my cousin’s, which makes it easy because she knows my needs. Before she starts cutting my hair, she helps remove my headrest on my wheelchair so that it doesn’t get in the way. I also have her put an extra blanket behind me to catch all of the hair on both sides, and to keep it from getting all over my chair.

One other tip I have for SMA individuals is to wash your hair at home. Unless you have a method of transferring yourself out of your wheelchair when you’re at the salon, doing it at home is much easier in my opinion.

Be sure to subscribe and check out the SMA News Today YouTube channel, where you can find all episodes of Dose of DeAnn: A Glimpse into my Life with SMA. You can also connect with me directly, right here on the forums page. 

deann-r replied 5 years, 9 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.