SMA News Forums Forums SMA News Today Multimedia SMA News Today’s YouTube Dose of DeAnn Episode 24: An Interview With YouTuber Leah Vogedes

• Dose of DeAnn Episode 24: An Interview With YouTuber Leah Vogedes

Posted by deann-r on December 17, 2018 at 7:12 am

https://youtu.be/pUEghvWBEOI

In this episode of Dose of DeAnn: A Glimpse Into My Life with SMA, I talk with a fellow YouTuber who has SMA. Leah Vogedes is a bright-spirited middle-schooler who talks openly about her life with SMA in her channel “Leah’s SMA Adventures.”

I was encouraged by Leah’s positive attitude throughout our conversation, and in this interview we discuss a wide range of topics. We talk about Leah’s diagnosis, getting her first electric wheelchair, growing up with SMA, school, friends, and Spinraza. Leah has a remarkable attitude when it comes to all aspects of her life, and I think you all will appreciate what she has to say here.

I hope you enjoy this video. If you do, subscribe to both the SMA News Today YouTube channel, and to Leah’s vlog as well. Let me know your thoughts in the comments, or right here in the forums.

Thanks for watching, and I hope everyone here has a great week.

kevin-schaefer replied 5 years, 4 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • michael-morale

December 17, 2018 at 9:37 am

DeAnn, that was probably one of the best videos I’ve ever seen in my life. You did such an incredible job during this interview. To hear Leah talk about her life and what she has to go through with living with SMA is something that we are probably used to ourselves, but to see her smile and to see her positive attitude really puts life in perspective.

I will definitely be subscribing to her YouTube channel and I will send her a note letting her know how much I enjoyed her interview with you.

• deann-r

December 17, 2018 at 10:12 am

She certainly is an amazing young lady with a bright future.  I really enjoyed talking with her.

• kevin-schaefer

December 17, 2018 at 2:42 pm

This is hands down one of the coolest videos we’ve done so far. I’m really glad Leah agreed to it, and she did a fantastic job. Great interview skills as well!