SMA News Forums Forums SMA News Today Multimedia SMA News Today’s YouTube Dose of DeAnn Episode 33: Looking at the ABC Sitcom “Speechless”

• Dose of DeAnn Episode 33: Looking at the ABC Sitcom “Speechless”

Posted by deann-r on April 23, 2019 at 7:00 am

https://youtu.be/ZOVJ8zXWGjU

Happy Tuesday everyone! Hope you all enjoyed the holiday weekend.

In the latest episode of Dose of DeAnn: A Glimpse Into My Life with SMA, I talk about the ABC sitcom “Speechless.” We’ve discussed this show here on the forums many times before, and I wanted to expand on my thoughts here, and talk about the recently concluded season three.

This show does a great job using humor to portray disability. The main character J.J. has cerebral palsy, and the show chronicles the adventures of him and his quirky family. Also, the actor Micah Fowler, who plays J.J., has cerebral palsy in real life. This of course adds a certain layer of authenticity to the show. Many of the writers have disabilities as well. 

Do you watch “Speechless” on ABC? What do you think about this show? Let me know your thoughts in the comments section, or right here in the forums. Also, be sure to subscribe to the SMA News Today YouTube channel.

Thanks for watching, and have a great day!

deann-r replied 4 years, 12 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.