SMA News Forums Forums Our Community Adults ​With​ ​SMA Evrysdi and immune system

• Evrysdi and immune system

Posted by davida on January 24, 2021 at 5:35 pm

Hi I was wondering if anyone has had any issues with getting colds while talking Evrysdi? i’m thinking of starting it and was just inquiry if anyone knew if it suppresses your immune system? Thanks

davida replied 3 years, 2 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • kelly-miller

January 24, 2021 at 6:29 pm

I’m taking it, and that was not one of the things they said to be careful of. I would think there’d be all kinds of precautions if that were true. Look on the Evrysdi website by Genentech. Everything that’s on there is exactly what they tell us when we start taking it. The common adult side-effects are fever, diarrhea, and rash. I haven’t had any diarrhea, but I have had nausea.

• kelly-miller

January 24, 2021 at 6:37 pm

The website does say that respiratory infections and lung infections, along with sniffling and colds, can be caused in infants. But as with all effects, it depends on the individual.

• deann-r

January 25, 2021 at 9:58 am

I’ve been on Evrysdi for about a month now and haven’t had issues like that. Initially when I started Spinraza I caught a cold right off the bat. Can’t say if it was medication related. At the time I felt the boost Spinraza gave me helped me fight it off easier. As Kelly said I think it’s really an individual thing.

• davida

January 28, 2021 at 2:57 pm

Hi just wanted to say thanks for the input.