SMA News Forums Forums Our Community Adults ​With​ ​SMA Good Jegging Brands?

• Good Jegging Brands?

Posted by micaela-macdougall on May 11, 2022 at 9:43 am

Do any of you have any recommendations for jeggings that are easy to get on?  I usually wear H&M leggings – the thin/cheap quality actually works in my favor because they’re fairly easy for my caregivers to pull up.  I’d like to expand my wardrobe to include leggings that look like denim/jeans, but the ones I’ve tried so far aren’t loose enough.  They’re hard to get on, and the waistband digs into my stomach.  (Part of the issue is sizing – if I size up for a bigger waistband, it’s way too big for my legs.)  Any suggestions?

micaela-macdougall replied 1 year, 11 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • deann-r

May 12, 2022 at 9:54 am

Sorry, I’m an old school traditional jeans girl, so not much help. If someone knows how to sew they can maybe take in the legs. Have you considered trying maternity? Sometimes they can be quite comfortable. I’ve bought pants from here before when they had a sale https://izadaptive.com/ Mixed reviews from my caregivers.

• alyssa-silva

May 12, 2022 at 11:57 am

I have a similar problem. I have large hips and thighs, but I also have skinny chicken legs lol. Years ago they used to make the type of leggings you’re referring to but I haven’t been able to find any in a long time. Are you shopping in HM women or girls? Because girls usually has some, they’re not super soft like leggings but softer than the women’s.

Also just did a Google search for denim leggings instead of jeggings and found these from Walmart. They might work better for you?

• micaela-macdougall

May 12, 2022 at 1:15 pm

Thanks for the suggestions, I’ll look into those!