SMA News Forums Forums Awareness and Advocacy Disability in Media Have you watched David Holmes: The Boy Who Lived?

• Have you watched David Holmes: The Boy Who Lived?

Posted by deann-r on January 26, 2024 at 6:33 pm

How’s the weather where you live? Here in Minnesota, winter is in full swing, and I’m in hibernation mode. It’s allowed me to catch up on some movie recommendations. One of which being “David Holmes: The Boy Who Lived.” On the YouTube channel I did a movie review so feel free to check it out.

Have you watched the film? For those who have, I’d love to get your thoughts. If you’re unfamiliar with it, the movie is a documentary chronicling the life of David Holmes, one of Daniel Radcliffe’s stunt doubles. He was severely injured during a stunt filming the final Harry Potter movie causing paralysis.

I found the movie to be very well done. As someone with a disability, I also found relatable aspects. Were you able to draw any parallels?

There’s a lot of winter left. Any other movie recommendations? They don’t have to be disability-related but bonus points if they are.

alyssa-silva replied 2 months, 4 weeks ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • alyssa-silva

January 29, 2024 at 9:54 am

I keep forgetting to watch this movie. I’m going to make a note of it. The weather is cold and rainy here, a combination my body detests. So I’ve been spending lots of time at home under a blanket.

I’m not a big movie buff, but I did finally watch Barbie. If you can get through the first 15 minutes, it’s actually pretty good. Oppenheimer is coming to Peacock in February, and I’m excited to watch that too. What type of movies do you like to watch?