• Sponsored Post

Adapting to Life Outside Our Home With SMA

I once heard a joke that a woman’s mind is like an Internet browser that has 1000 tabs open and running at once. I laughed at the time, but came to realize that if I didn’t actually feel like this before hearing the short acronym “SMA,” I most certainly do now.

I spend much of my time pre-planning and thinking of possible problems that we may run into because of the kids’ diagnoses. I think many other SMA parents do this as well. Prior to our lives with SMA, we didn’t realize just how inaccessible the world is to those who are differently-abled.

• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 6 months, 1 week ago by Ryan Berhar.

• Author
        Kevin Schaefer
        Keymaster

Howdy everyone! Hope you all had a great weekend.

So I hadn’t even thought about this until the other day when I was talking with my neurologist at the MDA clinic, but I realized that my head and neck control has improved significantly in recent years. My head used to tilt to the side quite often, especially when I was in a car. I also have a big head, which made these scenarios pretty comedic. “Hey Mom, my head’s falling over again.”

However, this hasn’t happened in a while, and I’m betting it’s an effect of Spinraza. It was a cool realization, and I thought I’d share it here.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Adnan Hafizovic
        Participant

I had similar problems, but with exercise and massage, my neck is in good condition. I think our neck muscles are in a better condition than others. But Kevin maybe Spinraza gives some strength in your neck.

Kevin Schaefer
          Keymaster

That’s good to hear. Yeah I’m glad mine is more stable now. It’s one less thing to worry about. Hope you’re doing well!

Ryan Berhar
        Participant

I basically have zero head control. I’m sure it decreased over time, but I never had much to start with, either.

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2019 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
    or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account

Copyright © 2017-2019 All rights reserved.