SMA News Forums Forums Welcome Lounge Hello from South Texas!

• Hello from South Texas!

Posted by kristen-resendez on July 23, 2022 at 2:49 pm

Hola, I’m Kristen and my son is Jack, who lives with SMA, and we are from Texas. Jack has become quite the Nintendo Switch Gamer, in turn, me too. We spend our time traveling as much as possible. We enjoy visiting SMA families and big city life, since we live semi-rural. We live near a decently accessible beach town, South Padre Island. We love to frequent Morgan’s Wonderland in San Antonio, TX. Let us know if you have any questions. Excited to learn and help answer when I can.

deann-r replied 1 year, 8 months ago 5 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • robin-c

July 23, 2022 at 3:21 pm

Hola Kristen, and welcome! It’s nice to meet you. ????
    I’m a senior woman with SMA type 3.

• alyssa-silva

July 23, 2022 at 9:21 pm

Hi (again!) Kristen! I think we have some gamers in the group that might have some advice and tips for Jack if you ever have specific questions. Love that your nearby beach is accessible! That’s something we don’t have here in RI.

• kip-troendle

July 24, 2022 at 9:07 am

Oh, how I miss that area! Twelve years ago, my doctor suggested a warm winter getaway. So I searched the Internet and found Mission, TX. After a lot of planning, just mom and I took off on our big 2 month adventure. I crossed into Mexico once in addition to South Padre.

If I can, please allow me to encourage everyone reading this… travel while you still can! Someday your body will no longer be able. The memories I have of my winter in Texas and two years later in California, will be the highlights of my life. My regret is not doing it more.

• deann-r

July 28, 2022 at 11:28 am

Welcome! Glad to have you here. You’ll have to share some of your favorite travel adventures with us. Morgan’s Wonderland sounds fun. Any tips or favorite features?