• Posted by krista-brodeur on July 17, 2018 at 2:49 pm

<p style=”text-align: right;”>My name is Krista and I am 35 years old with type 3.</p>
    I am currently in the process of getting a colostomy. Thanks so much for having me!

michael-morale replied 5 years, 8 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • kevin-schaefer

July 17, 2018 at 3:02 pm

Hi Krista! Thanks for joining us.

I saw your post earlier. Sorry you’re dealing with those health issues, but I hope that the colostomy might help. Keep us updated on that.

• michael-morale

July 17, 2018 at 5:22 pm

Krista, I have a colostomy. Let me know if you have any questions.

• krista-brodeur

July 17, 2018 at 5:31 pm

My issue at this point, is my classification as morbidly obese! I can’t eat all day, and don’t dare eat due to no caregiver around. So I eat once a day, usually before bed! Yup that’s a great weight loss tool (eye roll) anyway, I need to be able to eat to loose weight. When I do eat, I make healthy choices but it just isn’t enough!

My surgeon wants to see if there’s any other options. However, I’ve done a lot of research and I just can’t see anything else!

The surgeon is concerned because of what shape I might be in when this is over. Well, I’m concerned more about the mental state I’ll be in once I have zero control and zero help! But, like a lot of doctors he doesn’t seem to understand!

• michael-morale

July 27, 2018 at 8:38 am

Krista, how are you doing? It’s been a little over a week since your last post regarding the possibility of you having to get a colostomy.

I’ve had my colostomy for many years and to be honest with you, it’s been the best decision of my life. I’m able to go out and do things with my family and friends, because I no longer have to worry about having to go home to go to the bathroom. I’m not saying that I have not had my challenges with regards to the colostomy itself, but overall, my life is much better with it, than without it.