SMA News Forums Forums Welcome Lounge Hey It’s me, Rudy

• Hey It’s me, Rudy

Posted by RudeboyArt on February 7, 2024 at 3:19 pm

Hi everyone! I’m Rudy, I’m almost 40 years old, have SMA III and currently live in South Dakota. I think I’ve gone through almost all of the trials and tribulations of being a disabled person and a young man so I’m just out here trying to figure out how to transition into being a real adult. I have an American Pitbull Terrier named Marsellus who’s been my companion, protector and a huge pain in my ass for the last nine years. I wouldn’t trade him for the world.

I originally went to school to be a web designer but not so quickly realized that it was more of a hobby than passion or career path. I dabbled in different areas of IT for about 10 years, I tried out being a day trader for a while (didn’t pan out), I had a small Amazon reselling/arbitrage business for a while but I ended up spending my profits paying someone to pack boxes for me. I tried my hand at blogging, affiliate marketing (yuck,) content creation and twitch streaming, I ran a small gaming/content team and tried to establish a small clothing line. None of which have quite worked for one reason or another. But I currently have a rental property (also had plenty of struggles, not being able to even step inside) and I started a small ‘Smart Vending’ company, just got my first machine which will hopefully get set up this week.

Uhmmmmmm what else. I spend most of my free time gaming, scrolling through car meme’s, watching F1 or listening to audio experiences of Honda Civics and Skyline GT-Rs. I watch a ton of sailing videos on YouTube, my ultimate life goal is to buy a 65-78 foot yacht and be the first disabled skipper (that I can find any record of) to circumnavigate the globe. I’m only about 3 million dollars short of starting 🤣

I guess that’s about it. Thanks for having me and I’ll catch you all in the comments!

-Rudy

alyssa-silva replied 2 months, 2 weeks ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • deann-r

February 8, 2024 at 5:08 pm

Hey neighbor! I’m in Minnesota. At 44 myself I still don’t know what I want to do when I grow up. It sounds like you’ve had a fun time figuring it out though. I have a pretty good gig though, so can’t complain. The vending thing sounds interesting. You’ll have to tell us more about that.

Marsellus sound fabulous. Does that breed have a long lifespan? My pia’s are two cats, Boogie and kitty, along with my service dog Horton. Boogie takes the cake, but as you said I wouldn’t trade them for the world.

Not big into gaming, but I know we have a lot of members who are. With your yacht and my private jet we could go places. What’s the first stop on your trip around the world?

• RudeboyArt

February 9, 2024 at 1:06 pm

Hi Deann! Pit Terriers have about a 13 year life span, typically. Marsellus is anything but typical and he still plays like he’s a pup so who knows!

My first adventure on my boat will be to spend the winter cruising the Bahamas and Caribbean then during the spring/summer I’d love to run the Great American Loop, which oddly enough starts in Canada then goes down through Lake Michigan and down the Mississippi River ending in the Gulf of Mexico. After that, it’s time to cross the Atlantic and go through Orca town into the Mediterranean Sea to Monaco to watch the F1 race. After that, who knows!

• alyssa-silva

February 12, 2024 at 11:38 am

Where can I get an invite for this epic adventure? I’ve always wanted to go to the Mediterranean Sea.

• alyssa-silva

February 12, 2024 at 11:42 am

Thanks for introducing yourself, Rudy. It’s always great to get to know the members in this group. I’ve always enjoyed web design and considered following that career path. But like you, I worry it’s more of a hobby for me. How did you know it wasn’t the right fit?