SMA News Forums Forums Welcome Lounge Hi everyone!

• Hi everyone!

Posted by anna on February 8, 2022 at 11:53 am

Hi everyone! I’m Anna, a 35-year-old lawyer from Greece living with SMA type II, currently working as a legal consultant. I’ve been reading the website for a while now, benefiting from the amazing job you’re all doing here! I think that exchanging views and experiences with people across the globe is vital, especially to people who live in small countries like Greece where the total number of SMAers amounts to no more than 130. So, many thanks for providing this opportunity! Can’t wait to get to know you all!

anna replied 2 years, 2 months ago 4 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • blake-watson

February 8, 2022 at 12:28 pm

Hey Anna, welcome to the forum! I’m 36, SMA type 2, living in the southern United States. I work remotely as a web developer. I only recently discovered SMA News Today but I too enjoy the columns a lot. There are a lot of cool peeps here that do all sorts of neat stuff. ????

• anna

February 8, 2022 at 1:04 pm

Hey Blake! I find IT really fascinating and immensely useful to people with disabilities. If only I hadn’t been so lazy at university and had taken a few classes, my life would be much easier now!

• deann-r

February 8, 2022 at 12:48 pm

Welcome Anna! I’m one of the moderators here. Please feel free to join in on any of the discussions. I’d love to learn more about Greece as well. Your job sounds interesting too. Glad to have you with us.

• anna

February 8, 2022 at 1:26 pm

Thanks DeAnn! My job is very interesting indeed, although practicing law remotely can be challenging. As for Greece, it’s mostly sunny weather and extroverted people. Not as disability-friendly as you could expect, but you get by with a little creativity! I’m happy to provide info to anyone who might be interested in a trip! It’ll be a great chance to meet in person too!

• alyssa-silva

February 15, 2022 at 10:41 am

Hi Anna! Welcome 🙂 I’m another moderator here as well. I have SMA type I and am 31 years old. For work, I’m the Chief Creative Officer for an adaptive lingerie company, and for fun, I’m an artist. So glad you’re here!

• anna

February 17, 2022 at 3:27 am

Yes, I’ve checked the company’s website. Pretty cool! Do you have any resellers outside of the US? Thanks for the warm welcome!