• Posted by brianna-albers on December 6, 2019 at 7:00 am

Happy December! I’m two days away from a “Star Wars” marathon that I’ve been planning for months and have been dreaming about for years. At least 10 people are coming, which doesn’t sound like a lot, but it’ll be the biggest party I’ve ever hosted. I’m excited, but also nervous. I’m honestly relieved that we’ll be watching movies the entire day.

If it were just my best friends, I would be fine, but there are several people coming that I’ve never even met. It’ll be interesting for sure. I have another party on the weekend of the 13th, but that’s just my annual holiday gathering with my friends, so I’m not as worried about that. It’ll just be a chill hangout.

Do y’all have any tips for hosting with SMA? I’ll take anything! 

brianna-albers replied 4 years, 3 months ago 4 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • deann-r

December 6, 2019 at 11:04 am

Sounds like fun! No advice, just try not to stress about it.

• alyssa-silva

December 6, 2019 at 2:12 pm

Always provide pizza, and your guests will be happy. 🙂

But, like DeAnn said, don’t stress! When I host parties I ask people to bring either an appetizer or dessert. Then I go shopping for the main dishes (burgers, dogs, pizza, etc.), drinks, and cutlery. This obviously won’t apply to your movie night but I always make a playlist on Spotify to have playing in the background too.

Have a great time this weekend!

• halsey-blocher

December 6, 2019 at 8:35 pm

That sounds really fun! I’ve never hosted a movie marathon, so can’t really think of any advice. I hope you have a great time! You can’t really go wrong with Star Wars.

• brianna-albers

December 12, 2019 at 3:25 pm

Thanks, all! It went really well. You’re right, Alyssa – you can’t go wrong with pizza!