Sponsored Post

How different generations living with SMA can teach one another

Meet Regina and Al. Their friendship and respect for one another all started at a fundraiser before a Phillies baseball game in 2019. “I watched Regina give a beautiful speech at the event about her recently diagnosed son, Shane,” recalled Al. “I thought to myself, ‘My friends at Cure SMA need to meet this amazing mom and get her involved.’”

This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 8 months ago by Brianna Albers.

• Author
      Brianna Albers
      Keymaster

Happy December! I’m two days away from a “Star Wars” marathon that I’ve been planning for months and have been dreaming about for years. At least 10 people are coming, which doesn’t sound like a lot, but it’ll be the biggest party I’ve ever hosted. I’m excited, but also nervous. I’m honestly relieved that we’ll be watching movies the entire day.

If it were just my best friends, I would be fine, but there are several people coming that I’ve never even met. It’ll be interesting for sure. I have another party on the weekend of the 13th, but that’s just my annual holiday gathering with my friends, so I’m not as worried about that. It’ll just be a chill hangout.

Do y’all have any tips for hosting with SMA? I’ll take anything! 

DeAnn R
      Keymaster

Sounds like fun! No advice, just try not to stress about it.

Alyssa Silva
      Keymaster

Always provide pizza, and your guests will be happy. 🙂

But, like DeAnn said, don’t stress! When I host parties I ask people to bring either an appetizer or dessert. Then I go shopping for the main dishes (burgers, dogs, pizza, etc.), drinks, and cutlery. This obviously won’t apply to your movie night but I always make a playlist on Spotify to have playing in the background too.

Have a great time this weekend!

Halsey Blocher
      Participant

That sounds really fun! I’ve never hosted a movie marathon, so can’t really think of any advice. I hope you have a great time! You can’t really go wrong with Star Wars.

Brianna Albers
      Keymaster

Thanks, all! It went really well. You’re right, Alyssa – you can’t go wrong with pizza!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2020 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account

Copyright © 2017-2020 All rights reserved.