SMA News Forums Forums SMA News Today Multimedia SMA News Today’s YouTube Interview With Andrea Klein, Founder of Breathe With MD

• kelly-miller

November 12, 2019 at 2:43 pm

Thanks DeAnn for putting this video on here. BreathewithMD.org is a fantastic reference for materials that help with doctors & hospitals when it comes to the respiratory issues we all have at one time or another. I had been dealing with pneumonias & many bouts of bronchitis throughout the yrs. without even knowing about the supplemental oxygen thing. I can’t even tell you how many times the cannula were put in my nose as I lay in a hospital bed gasping for air. I wish I had known way back that that was NOT the way to do it. Fortunately for me during my last big illness with pneumonia in 2014, the doctors chose the right path of BiPAP as they were pulling out their hair regarding what to do. Since then, I have educated myself & my husband as to the protocol, and he’s ready to fight with anyone who won’t do it right when I’m out of it from not being able to breathe!

• deann-r

November 14, 2019 at 12:36 pm

Thanks Kelly! So many doctors are really clueless as to how to help in our situations. Unfortunately it’s up to us to know. That’s precisely why I wanted to do this interview.