SMA News Forums Forums Assistive Technology iPhone Accessibility Tips

• iPhone Accessibility Tips

Posted by deann-r on February 26, 2021 at 2:00 pm

My iPhone 12 Mini is in hand. Considering I’m switching from Android I think I’m doing pretty well. Finally figured out how to take a picture with my voice. Much more of a rigmarole than on the Galaxy I gotta say. Oh well. Also have the accessibility dot on the bottom so I can easily take a screenshot. Although I like the voice control option sometimes it’s annoying, so I keep it off for the most part. I do also miss the back button mainly because in most of the apps it’s now on the top left. Luckily with the smaller phone it’s not a big issue. I also locked the orientation of the screen. What other tips do you have for me? I want to make the most of my phone.

adam replied 3 years, 1 month ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • alyssa-silva

February 26, 2021 at 2:48 pm

Under accessibility, there’s a reachability feature. Basically, it drags your screen halfway down so you can reach the top buttons MUCH more easily. My iPhone is a little bigger than yours, and without this feature, I wouldn’t be able to use it. To enable this, go to:

Settings —> Accessibility —> then tap the notch to turn reachability on

The reachability button will then be able to be accessed through that little dot you mentioned. You can also drag that anywhere on your screen. Let me know if you need more help.

• adam

March 18, 2021 at 12:36 pm

I’ve made mine pretty much entirely voice controlled except for unlocking the passcode