SMA News Forums Forums Our Community Adults ​With​ ​SMA It’s a Wonderful Life Even When Travel Plans Go Awry

• It’s a Wonderful Life Even When Travel Plans Go Awry

Posted by brianna-albers on July 2, 2019 at 11:00 am

Hi everyone! We just left Anaheim and are driving up the West coast today. We’re taking our time getting home, but we’re pretty wiped out and ready for things to get back to normal.

For this week’s column, I wrote about our first week of vacation and some of the things that went awry. Our hotel in Yosemite National Park couldn’t honor our reservation, so they sent us to another hotel that didn’t have any accessible rooms available. You can imagine the chaos that ensued! We were tired and hungry and more than a little frazzled, but it’s what we’ve come to expect from trips like this. It wouldn’t be a vacation if everything went as planned!

As stressful as it was, I’ve really come to appreciate the unexpected. Trips like this bring us together as a family and remind me just how grateful I am to be alive. Do I wish things had gone smoother? Definitely. But I wouldn’t trade the craziness of it for anything.

Have you been on a trip that went sideways? Did it add to or detract from the experience?

brianna-albers replied 4 years, 9 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.