SMA News Forums Forums Our Community Adults ​With​ ​SMA Looking for things to do outside

• Looking for things to do outside

Posted by deann-r on May 28, 2020 at 10:10 am

Now that the weather is finally straightening out I want to spend more time outside.  I’m looking for ideas on what to do.  I used to do a lot with my service dog, but without him I’m finding it a little boring.  I’m going to try my hand at flying a drone, but open to other suggestions as well.

survivinglife replied 3 years, 11 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • alyssa-silva

May 28, 2020 at 10:23 am

I really love taking my work outside. The change in scenery helps my mindset. Could you do something like that? As far as hobbies go, maybe bird watching if you live in a rural area? Gardening? I’ve seen gardening tables that come high enough for people in wheelchairs. Fairy gardens are super cute to make, too, and you could put them outside.

• survivinglife

May 28, 2020 at 4:52 pm

Most of the time I just read while outside but sometimes I like to paint. Also I used to like to fish. That would be cool if you’re interested in it and you live near a lake. Puzzles can also be done outside, jigsaw puzzles and word puzzles and sudoku puzzles. Oh and you’re never too old to blow bubbles. Lol.