SMA News Forums Forums Treatments and Research COVID-19 and SMA Making Adjustments Due to Coronavirus

• Making Adjustments Due to Coronavirus

Posted by brianna-albers on March 20, 2020 at 7:00 am

Nothing feels normal these days, but I did receive some SMA My Way proofs the other day, including a video I recorded and some of the articles I’ve written. It was a much-needed reminder of the past, or the future, or a time with no social distancing or flattening the curve. I’m settling in for the long haul, but it’s nice to know that certain aspects of our lives are still proceeding as planned.

My mom is working from home, and we’ve officially stopped having PCAs come, so life is just a procession of question marks right now. But every night my dad and I settle in to watch some TV. Last night we even made some chocolate chip cookies. Not everything is terrible!

What aspects of your lives are proceeding as planned? Does it help to have a daily grind to fall back on?

alyssa-silva replied 4 years ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • alyssa-silva

March 20, 2020 at 9:33 am

Like you, I’ve suspended PCA services for the time being. My dad also got special permission to work from home because of my situation.

I’ve been basically quarantining myself since Christmas, so not that much has changed over here. Granted before covid, I was more lenient. I had friends over, went to friends’ houses, and snuck out a couple of times. Now I’m hunkered down. All my friends are essential workers, too. It’s definitely a little more lonely than normal.

If anything, I’m using this opportunity to rest and go at a slower pace. I tend to overwork myself because I want to do #allthethings, so this change is oddly nice. Even so, I’m still an anxious mess. But at least I have more time to sleep on it??? Haha