• Managing Stress

Posted by alyssa-silva on October 29, 2020 at 11:00 am

Lately, I’ve noticed I’m starting to experience physical symptoms of stress that are out of the ordinary for me thanks to the current state of our world.

My symptoms include debilitating TMJ, increased vertigo, piercing headaches, and then my usual symptoms of stress— irritability, fatigue, anxiety, etc.

At this point, I think I’m stressed because I’m stressed which is rather annoying. But I am struggling to DE-stress as of late. I’ve found hot face cloths over my face to alleviate my TMJ for a little while which then allows me to calm down. Rest obviously helps, but if I rest for too long, I have more time to think. And more time to think eventually leads to more stress. It’s a vicious circle!

What do you do to de-stress? Do you have any go-to hacks?

alyssa-silva replied 3 years, 5 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • yvette-haas

October 29, 2020 at 11:17 am

I’d suggest Bach’s Rescue Remedy. You can also get it in hard candies, but I prefer the ease of the spray (I don’t eat much by mouth)

• Deleted User

Deleted User
    October 29, 2020 at 3:11 pm

A dentist once recommended rolling frozen concentrate (of anything) along the joint that hurts. It helps a lot! It also might help with the headaches, which are usually caused by the joint pain.

• alyssa-silva

October 29, 2020 at 5:33 pm

Ohh I’ve never heard of that before! What does it do?