SMA News Forums Forums Treatments and Research COVID-19 and SMA Message to Friends and Family

• Message to Friends and Family

Posted by deann-r on March 17, 2020 at 2:00 pm

Within the last couple weeks I see the world adjusting to a new “normal.” Ironically it’s not such a big change for me. While social distancing and isolation isn’t new to me, it is new to many. I happen to call it hibernation. Although I’m disappointed my hibernation is being extended, I get it. As a “high risk” individual COVID-19 is frightening. It’s difficult for my friends and family to understand why their lives are being turned upside down. Below is what I recently posted for them to understand. What do you want your friends and family to know?

“As lives are being disrupted I want to extend my thanks to everyone taking this seriously. I don’t know how close this virus will get, but your actions today are protecting me and my family tomorrow. While fears and frustrations grow please know your actions to prevent this illness are appreciated. Stay safe and stay healthy. Sending hugs to you all (virtual hugs are certified COVID-19 free) p.s. In no way is this post meant to be political. I genuinely appreciate the efforts. Having limited respiratory function this virus scares the heck out of me.”

deann-r replied 4 years, 1 month ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.