SMA News Forums Forums Our Community Parents​ ​and​ ​Caregivers​ Michael Casten’s Latest Columns

• Michael Casten’s Latest Columns

Posted by deann-r on November 7, 2019 at 7:15 am

As I’m sure you’re well aware we have some great columnists here at SMA News Today. One of my favorites is Michael Casten who writes about his family with his column Five Servings of Strength. If you haven’t done so already, I encourage you to check it out. Michael and Lindsay’s youngest daughter has SMA. As a family of five, they meet challenges head on. In his most recent column he chronicles their Halloween night. His kids are old enough to brave the elements on their own, so it was fun to hear about their adventures. Before that his column was about how even though they have financial strains they take time and do things to make their kids feel special. In my book this is important because a lot of times those of us with SMA can feel like a burden if we think we’re taking away from family. As parents what do you do to put your kids first? For those of you with SMA do you recall doing anything special with your parents? Our thing as a family was camping. We certainly have some stories from those adventures.

deann-r replied 4 years, 5 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.