SMA News Forums Forums SMA News Today Multimedia SMA News Today’s YouTube The Morale Monologue #12 – The Benefits Of Physical Therapy Along With Spinraza

• The Morale Monologue #12 – The Benefits Of Physical Therapy Along With Spinraza

Posted by michael-morale on November 14, 2018 at 8:10 am

https://youtu.be/EgePx3cfokA

In this episode of the Morale Monologue, I’m going to discuss the importance of taking physical therapy while on active treatment with Spinraza. As a child, and even growing up as a teenager, I was told by doctors not to take physical therapy because if I stressed my muscles too much, I could do more damage to my body than good. Since my body is now receiving the protein that it needs due to the fact that I’m on active treatment with Spinraza, my neurologist told me that I could begin physical therapy.

I’ve been working out with my physical therapist, Laura, for the past year, and the benefits that I’ve seen from taking physical therapy have been quite dramatic. Laura allowed me to take pictures during one of our physical therapy sessions showing the exercises that we do on a weekly basis. I put these pictures to a video showing everyone exactly what I do when I go for my workout with Laura.

If you are taking your Spinraza treatments, I urge you to speak to your neurologist or your primary care physician about taking physical therapy. The Spinraza injections coupled with physical therapy have been a huge benefit to my life and I believe that if you can take physical therapy while on the Spinraza injections yourself, you too will see benefits.

Be sure to subscribe to the SMA News Today YouTube channel so that you don’t miss an episode of this vlog, and you can also connect with me right here on the forums page.

adnan-hafizovic replied 5 years, 5 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • kevin-schaefer

November 14, 2018 at 12:51 pm

Great video Michael. Also my sympathies for when you have to do those stretches on the table! My muscles are tight too, but it’s much easier to stretch my legs in the pool than it is on land.

• adnan-hafizovic

November 15, 2018 at 10:38 am

I read one good artical from one us girl,when she got 18 years doctors said to her that she don t need to have any exercise because no use of that.And she wrote few things,that we need stretch our ankles ,knees,when we do that we ll have better circulation,our muscles would be relaxed and other.