• Sponsored Post

Adapting to Life Outside Our Home With SMA

I once heard a joke that a woman’s mind is like an Internet browser that has 1000 tabs open and running at once. I laughed at the time, but came to realize that if I didn’t actually feel like this before hearing the short acronym “SMA,” I most certainly do now.

I spend much of my time pre-planning and thinking of possible problems that we may run into because of the kids’ diagnoses. I think many other SMA parents do this as well. Prior to our lives with SMA, we didn’t realize just how inaccessible the world is to those who are differently-abled.

• This topic has 3 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 3 weeks, 2 days ago by Crystal.

• Author
        Kevin Schaefer
        Keymaster

Hey everyone! Hope you all had a great weekend.

For this week’s Motivation Monday post, I have a simple, but important topic. Anyone who’s seen my posts here or read my columns knows that I’m a bookworm. I’ve made it through some of the hardest times in my life by reading. Books and stories have the power to inspire, teach, entertain, motivate, and more.

I know I sound cheesy here, but I wouldn’t be who I am today without the books I’ve read over the years. Memoirs especially have had a huge impact on my writing and general mindset. Even on busy days, I carve out at least a few minutes to read something.

What kind of books do you enjoy? Do you find reading to be a source of motivation?

Alyssa Silva
        Keymaster

I’m with ya. Books always pull me out of a rut, but it wasn’t until a few years ago I started to enjoy reading. I don’t know why!

I predominately read nonfiction— memoirs and self-help books. But, not too “self-helpy” if that makes sense haha, I don’t want to feel like I’m being preached to. One of my favorite authors is Bob Goff, I reread his books a lot when I find I need to re-center myself and get inspired.

Halsey Blocher
        Participant

I really can’t properly express how much I love books! I will read almost anything and can appreciate even the ones I didn’t like. While I dabble in every genre, my favorites are sci-fi, fantasy, and historical fiction. I hate going more than a day without reading something good. Books really seem to help me focus, and I love the thrilling feeling of getting lost in a story!

Crystal
        Participant

Oh jeez… the list of genres I don’t like would be shorter, but even then, sometimes I enjoy books in my least favorite genres too. Like Give Me Liberty – I don’t really like those kinds of books but I LOVED that one. I guess I mostly read fantasy, romance, and Godly books, but I also love educational books.

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2019 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
    or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account

Copyright © 2017-2019 All rights reserved.