SMA News Forums Forums Our Community Adults ​With​ ​SMA Motivation Monday: Taking Online Classes

• Motivation Monday: Taking Online Classes

Posted by kevin-schaefer on January 27, 2020 at 11:00 am

Hey everyone! Hope you all had a great weekend. Everyone having a good 2020 so far?

Ok, so when I graduated from college a few years ago, I went back and forth on whether or not I wanted to pursue grad school. Ultimately, I decided not to, and I was fortunate to acquire a full-time job at this site’s parent company a few months later. Still, while I don’t intend to go for another degree, I do miss taking classes.

I have however thought about taking some online and in-person classes for fun. About a month ago, I watched a free webinar class that one of my favorite voice actors taught. It was great, and I’m looking for more opportunities like this. Once I have some more time on my hands, I want to try masterclass. The Neil Gaiman one where he teaches writing and storytelling is at the top of my list. I read all the time, but learning in general makes me more motivated.

What about you all? Does anyone here take classes that pertain to a special interest or art? 

alyssa-silva replied 4 years, 2 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • halsey-blocher

January 27, 2020 at 9:25 pm

I opted not to go to college. I took some time off after high school and realized I preferred not being in school. However, I have taken a few online certificate classes. They were both about a week long and were relevant to things that I wanted to do. One was a blogging course through Udemy. Of course, I use that information for my column. And then I took an event planning course through Trendimi. That’s been helpful for the events I help organize at Turnstone. Both sites have a wide variety of courses for decent prices, and they both have sales fairly often.

• alyssa-silva

January 29, 2020 at 9:51 am

I’ve done a lot of free webinars that teach things in my field— blogging, social media, marketing, etc. I also had a Skillshare account at one point which basically had lessons for literally everything. It’s nice to put on something educational rather than always watching Netflix. I sound like such a nerd right now.