• Sponsored Post

Adapting to Life Outside Our Home With SMA

I once heard a joke that a woman’s mind is like an Internet browser that has 1000 tabs open and running at once. I laughed at the time, but came to realize that if I didn’t actually feel like this before hearing the short acronym “SMA,” I most certainly do now.

I spend much of my time pre-planning and thinking of possible problems that we may run into because of the kids’ diagnoses. I think many other SMA parents do this as well. Prior to our lives with SMA, we didn’t realize just how inaccessible the world is to those who are differently-abled.

• This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by Kevin Schaefer.

• Author
        Kevin Schaefer
        Keymaster

Hey everyone! Hope you’re all having a great week so far.

Check out my latest column here. Everyone who knows me knows that I’m a lifelong movie buff. For me though, movies do a lot more than just entertain. They inspire me, and can even teach me lessons about living with SMA. Even if they’re not explicitly about disability, I can still glean lessons from them.

Hope you all enjoy this one! It was fun to write.

Do you have any favorite movies or stories that inspire you? 

DeAnn R
        Keymaster

I love the parallels you draw.  Planning on going to at least one show over the holidays.  Not sure I can get life lessons from Jumanji, but I guess we’ll find out.

Halsey Blocher
        Participant

I haven’t heard of that Netflix series! Going to have to add it to my list. There’s also one called The Toys That Made Us. I’m guessing the one you’re talking about was inspired by it. You’d probably like that one as well.

Adnan Hafizovic
        Participant

Kevin I watched these films before, I would especially like to point out Shaun of the Dead, I love Simon Pegg and that English humor. I am left with and will remain in my memory, Terminator 2: Judgment day. The movie is really a classic and I love Schwazenegger. It has this connection between me and Terminator 2, the day after I watched it, a war broke out in my city ,I think it was first May 1992.

Kevin Schaefer
        Keymaster

Lol, you never know!

Kevin Schaefer
        Keymaster

Halsey, that one’s great too! Yeah, I think the same people worked on both.

Adnan, great pick! I enjoyed the new Terminator as well.

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2020 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
    or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account

Copyright © 2017-2020 All rights reserved.