SMA News Forums Forums Our Community Adults ​With​ ​SMA My Weekly Journal – 06/24/19 Through 06/30/19

• My Weekly Journal – 06/24/19 Through 06/30/19

Posted by michael-morale on July 1, 2019 at 11:00 am
    Monday, June 24, Through Sunday, June 30
    This week, everything fell into place just like I wanted and expected it to. While I only left the house on Tuesday for therapy, I spent most of my time working for BioNews Services. I’m truly blessed to have this job. I know too many people in this world who don’t want to work, and expect everything to be handed to them on a silver platter. I was lucky that I had parents who instilled a good work ethic in me.
    -Physical Therapy

When I went for my workout with Emily and Vicki, we did all of my range of motion, flexing, and balance exercises. After they got me on the table and properly positioned, Emily stood behind me, and Vicki stood in front. I thought Emily was going to use resistance bands, but she changed my balance exercises up this time.
    Along with doing the perturbations, she also shook the table with her leg. This made it much harder for me to maintain my balance. I lost my balance more during this past week than I ever had, which actually brought a smile to Emily’s face. She said that she could tell that I was working much harder while the table was shaking, and this really did a number on my abdominal muscles.
    After laying me down on my back and doing my stretching and range of motion exercises, Emily worked on the muscles in my neck. Then, she and Vicki set me back up on the edge of the therapy table, and we used the yellow resistance band for my side to side exercises.

-Upcoming Video
    One of my upcoming video topics will be flight accommodations for wheelchair-users. I would love for airline companies and the FAA to change their procedures, so that those those of us in wheelchairs could remain in our wheelchairs when we fly.
    This is a subject that makes me very angry. I believe we shouldn’t have to go through the trouble of transferring from our chairs to airline seats, along with taking the risk of airline companies damaging our chairs. To me, this is a complete waste of time. If this is the subject that angers you, I’m hoping that you watch my video in a few weeks.
    -Spinraza

Next Monday, I will go back to William P Clement’s University Hospital, to receive my 9th Spinraza injection. I’m excited about the upcoming procedure, and I hope everything will go smoothly. I will quarantine myself the week before to stay away from anybody or anything that could possibly get me sick. I’ll only leave the house this week for PT.

I’ve updated the flash briefings that I do for BioNews Services. Click HERE to go to the flash briefings.

I hope that all of you had a fantastic week. Do something for yourself this upcoming week that will make you a better person. God bless you, and I’ll see you soon.
    michael-morale replied 4 years, 9 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.