SMA News Forums Forums Our Community Adults ​With​ ​SMA New sofa I'll never sit on

• New sofa I'll never sit on

Posted by deann-r on March 3, 2019 at 4:07 pm

Since moving to a warmer climate is more of a wishful thinking long term goal, I decided to freshen up the look of my house a bit.  I purchased new curtains and a new sofa.  My new sofa will be arriving Friday.  Although I’m excited to get it, it also bums me out a little.  Everyone else will be able to enjoy sitting on it but me.  Sure I could have someone transfer me to it, but that’s such a hassle.  Plus my wheelchair is really the only place I’m comfortable.  I guess I have to look at it as an expensive piece of artwork.  Is there anything you’ve purchased that you can’t actually use?

Another frustration is that delivery is free to my driveway, but if I wanted them to bring it into the house it would be $100!  When I explained my situation to the gal who was scheduling the drop off she said she could give me the purchased in store delivery discount, but that would only save $40, so I’m just recruiting family to help.  Do you think it would be worth the extra cost?

kevin-schaefer replied 5 years, 1 month ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • kevin-schaefer

March 4, 2019 at 10:28 am

I’m definitely a hoarder when it comes to books, comics, and movies haha. My room is pretty stuffed with things I don’t need.

With the sofa, I’d say it’s good to have for when you have friends over, or for caregivers. I have a big comfy chair in my room that’s great for friends and caregivers. Even though I rarely sit in it, it is still used all  the time.