SMA News Forums Forums Our Community Adults ​With​ ​SMA With the New Year Comes Home Renovation

• With the New Year Comes Home Renovation

Posted by brianna-albers on January 25, 2019 at 7:00 am

Hi everyone! Just wanted to throw up a link to my latest column, which came out on Monday. I’ve told y’all a bit about my living situation—I currently live in my parents’ basement, which isn’t the most glamorous of abodes—but I’m super excited to announce that I am moving upstairs! Finally, I can be where the people are! (The Little Mermaid reference, anyone?)

I posted a few months ago about independent living, and your responses got me thinking about the future and what will be most feasible for me. As much as I’d love to live in the city, I highly doubt I’ll be able to find something within my price range, so my parents’ house is shaping up to be my best bet.

I’ll keep y’all updated on the renovation, but in the meantime, what are some things you’d include in your dream house? What technology or equipment would make independent living easier for you?

deann-r replied 5 years, 3 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • deann-r

January 25, 2019 at 10:07 am

Certainly sounds feasible.  Nothing like a project like that to make these long cold, really cold, months seem shorter.