SMA News Forums Forums Our Community Adults ​With​ ​SMA Nike’s Go FlyEase Not Easy to Go Get

• Nike’s Go FlyEase Not Easy to Go Get

Posted by deann-r on February 12, 2021 at 11:00 am

Since Alyssa’s original post I did a little investigating because I’d like to feature these on an upcoming vlog.  This particular style of the FlyEase line available in 3 colorways drop 3/19.  Here’s the kicker, they’re available in limited release next week.  I contacted Nike to see how one would get them early.  Here’s their response, “With that release, we are choosing those members based on their previous Nike digital activity.  Examples of that activity are the pages you follow on the Nike app, the products you purchase and attempt to purchase on our apps and how you interact with the cards on the discover page and main feed of all our apps.”

I informed them since their target market includes the disabled community they should rethink that marketing strategy. Since they’ve never produced a shoe I can actually wear I have no reason to connect with their social media.  Boggles my mind they don’t make an accessible shoe easier to access.  It will be interesting to see what sizes and colors are available when they’re released to the general public. I’m less than confident I’ll get my hands on a pair, but if I do I’ll be sure to show you.

losmi replied 3 years, 2 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • losmi

February 12, 2021 at 11:38 am

That is pathetic, but it is perfect paradigm for what kind of world we are living in.

On the other hand I think that this situation should be the topic of your next column. It’s brilliant, and you can scale it up or down, but I would probably scale it up. Do some research on other corporate campaigns like this, if some had some real impact or was it also just publicity stunt. What is dissability community doing, did decades long insisting on some words really give us any kind of benefit when corporations still act like this? Nike is very PC corporation, but this shows how much they really care.

But even from businesses side this is wierd, Instead of actively seeking promoters in disability community (exactly people who can give some early review of the product) Nike devises this moronic scheme:D It’s brilliant.