• Outdoor Weddings

Posted by kevin-schaefer on September 24, 2018 at 11:00 am

This weekend I went to my cousin’s wedding, which was entirely outdoors. There was a house at the venue which people could go in and out of during cocktail hour, but it was inaccessible. We were under a tent for the reception, but the heat was still pretty intense. I managed to navigate everything ok, though I can’t say it was the most accessible venue. Outdoor weddings in general present more obstacles (bumpy surfaces, wet grass, heat, etc.), but they’re extremely popular today.

What about you all? Have any of you been to many outdoor weddings? What were your experiences like?

kevin-schaefer replied 5 years, 7 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • ryan-berhar-2

September 24, 2018 at 5:55 pm

I have not been to one, but my best friend/cousin is getting married this June, and it’ll be outdoors. I’ll be the best man too. Should be interesting. Hope it’s not too inaccessible.

• kevin-schaefer

September 25, 2018 at 11:26 am

Nice man! Yeah if you’re the best man I’m sure your cousin will make it fully accessible. The big thing with outdoor weddings is that depending on the weather, there could be wet grass. You may want to have a mat or something with you just in case. But you’ll have fun.