SMA News Forums Forums Assistive Technology Phone Charger That Connects to Wheelchair

• Phone Charger That Connects to Wheelchair

Posted by kevin-schaefer on December 30, 2018 at 9:45 am

Hey everyone, hope you all have been enjoying the holiday season with family and friends. I know for me it’s been nice to have some time off work.

I wanted to let you all know about a cool device I just got this weekend. A company called Cripple Concepts (I know, awesome name) developed a port to connect a phone charger to an electric wheelchair. On mine it hooks up in the same spot as where my wheelchair charger goes. Here’s a link so you can get an idea of how it works: http://www.crippleconcepts.com/product/usb-charger.

It’s a pretty nifty device. Now I can charge my phone on the go, and I have more options for where I want to work. Since I do my typing on my phone, I can now work anywhere in my room with my charger plugged into my chair. Let me know if you have any questions about this. It’s pretty cool.

kevin-schaefer replied 5 years, 2 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • deann-r

December 30, 2018 at 1:51 pm

That sounds awesome! So you can have it plugged in and run your chair simultaneously? I’ll have to look into if it will work with my chair model.

• kevin-schaefer

January 1, 2019 at 9:07 pm

Yep! I can charge it on the go. It’s great. The company is run by people with disabilities, so they know what they’re doing.