SMA News Forums Forums Treatments and Research Spinraza (nusinersen) Preparing for Injection Days

• Preparing for Injection Days

Posted by kevin-schaefer on October 29, 2018 at 7:00 am

In Michael Morale’s personal YouTube channel smajourney51, he did a video this week about preparing for injection days. He does things like avoiding foods with a lot of sugar and salt, limiting contact with people so as to avoid colds and drinking plenty of liquids.

I’ll be honest, I don’t do much preparation other than drinking a lot of liquids the day before an injection. I barely even remember when my injections are, so I definitely don’t prepare weeks in advance or anything. I’m also too much of a people person to hibernate for long periods of time. But props to Michael for doing quality preparation and ensuring that he’s ready for injection days both mentally and physically.

For those of you who are on Spinraza, do you do anything to prepare for your injections?

deann-r replied 5 years, 5 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • deann-r

November 1, 2018 at 10:11 am

Honestly I don’t do anything special to prepare for injection day.  I’ve heard all the advice like to hydrate and stay caffeinated to prevent spinal headaches, but didn’t learn this until well after my first injection.  Since I didn’t have an issue I didn’t see the need to adjust my routine.  Six in, they’ve gone smoothly, fingers crossed that will continue.  It’s all good preparation advice, but always take into consideration your body, how you get injections and your doctors instructions.